posted to alt.sailing.asa
Martin Baxter Martin Baxter is offline

Default OT Root canal

Wilbur Hubbard wrote:

Anybody here ever had a root canal. I'm scheduled to have one next week
and I've been wondering if this rather primitive sounding technique of
gutting the insides of a tooth and filling the now dead tooth with
plastic is the best modern dentistry has come up with. Is there any
other treatment for a small abscess at one of the roots of a tooth other
than killing the tooth? The tooth doesn't even hurt. It just feels funny
when I chew on it. If I chew gum it feels a little like it's gonna pull
out but it's tight in the jaw and there's not swelling or discoloration
or any other external sign of a problem They only caught it on an x-ray.
But my dentist says get her done! He says it will never get better on
its own and might end up causing problems for nearby teeth not to
mention degrade my general health and stamina because it represents a
low-grade infection my body has to fight constantly. Any thoughts or
experiences?

Wilbur Hubbard

Tie a string around it, attach other end to a 25 lb CQR (allow three
feet of string 'twixt anchor and tooth), stand on pulpit and deploy
anchor. Problem solved. Oh, don't forget to make sure that your rode is
attached to boat and anchor, and is longer than three feet)

Cheers
Marty