John H. John H. is offline

Default Good old State of Connecticut...

On Wed, 28 Mar 2007 11:32:28 -0400, "Eisboch" wrote:

"John H." wrote in message
.. .

Had the same thing happen when trying to register a motorcycle at Fort
Belvoir. I had a Motorcycle Safety Foundation (MSF) instructor's card, but
to register the bike I had to have either the basic rider's course or
advanced rider's course card. Both are well below the instructor level.

MA has a pretty good rule regarding new motorcycle license applicants. If
you successfully complete an approved course of instruction the registry
waives the requirements of a formal road test and issues the motorcycle
endorsement. My son did this a couple of years ago and although I've had a
motorcycle endorsement for many years (obtained the old fashioned way), I
decided to take the course with him, just for the fun of it. It was very
worthwhile and I'd recommend it to even the most seasoned of riders.

Eisboch

I'd recommend the MSF course to anyone who hasn't taken it. I took it with
my wife after many years of riding, and it *was* worthwhile.

Virginia DMV had a rep there for the last day, and he issued the motorcycle
endorsement to all the students who completed the course.
--
***** Hope your day is better than decent! *****

John H