posted to alt.sailing.asa
[email protected] dougking888@yahoo.com is offline

Default Marine SSB/ham rigs?

"Wilbur Hubbard" wrote:
Option 5 - forget all about it. You never get out of cell phone range
cruising up and down the coast or the Intracoastal Waterway. A SSB or
HAM radio for you would be about as worthwhile as a spinnaker.

From your point of view, having no knowledge of how to employ either

one, that is probably true.

However, it is easy to get out of cell phone coverage on the ICW. You
should try cruising some time and you can see these things for
yourself.

And a spinnaker on the tugboat would be worthwhile, might save us a
couple gallons of fuel. I happen to have one we can try out. Thanks.

Fresh Breezes- Doug King