JimC JimC is offline

Default The Joys of Boating

Wilbur Hubbard wrote:

wrote in message
oups.com...

And Vic...

If you still have a lingering interest in the MacGregor 26 boats...
and as others have suggested... check out this web site:

http://macgregorsailors.com

It is a moderated forum... with about 1800 registered users...
and very active concerning the MacGregor product... mostly
the good... but the bad and ugly as well. (smile)

And yeh... I am an owner as well... and you are more than wel-
come to email me direct. The email address that is shown... is
for real.

I have made it personal policy not to discuss the attributes as well
as the shortcomings of this boat on public forums... for obvious rea-
sons.

Jim Cate is the only one that I am aware of that has the guts to do
so. heh heh

JimC is a natural born loser so it's to be expected he'd engage in
self-flagellation in public forums. Anybody who buys a Mac26 is a loser.
Anybody who's proud of owning one is a double loser. If you own a Mac26,
just shut up about it and use it once in a while. Try to not notice any
real sailboats because you will quickly become dissatisfied with your
choice of boats. Try not to notice any real motor boats because you will
quickly become annoyed at the lame compromise boat you ended up with.
Just stay focused on never examining the many faults of the Mac26
compared to its one or two virtues and you might remain happy with your
uninformed purchase for a season or two. But whatever you do, NEVER
claim it's a good boat because it just isn't. It's a cheap, entry level,
compromise boat that calls to immediate attention the lack of
intelligence of the owner. People who have real motorboats and people
who have real sailboats know what I'm talking about.

Wilbur Hubbard.

But sailing it is lots of fun. - Have a nice evening Wilbur.

Jim