posted to alt.sailing.asa,rec.boats.cruising
Don White Don White is offline

Default Your boat should reflect your status in life. . .

wrote in message
oups.com...
"Wilbur Hubbard" wrote:
There are sailboats and there are sailboats.

True

.... Your boat should be a
reflection of your own life's ambition.

How about reflecting your discernment & skills?

..... If I hire a
financial advisor I will have more confidence in his abilities if he
arrives for a meeting in a Mercedes rather than a Kia. If go to a brain
surgeon for an operation I sure don't want to see the dude arriving in
an old Volkswagen. See what I mean?

Why yes, I do see what you mean. You mean that you are shallow and
materialistic. You cannot judge other people by their accomplishments,
or their character, so you judge them by their possessions.

.....That's why
I sail a Swan 68.

That's one of the funniest things you've posted. Thanks.

Fresh Breezes- Doug King

Good to see you back Doug. Someone thought you were seriously ill a while
back.