Jonathan Ganz Jonathan Ganz is offline

Default Atmospheric CO2 -- a different view

In article ,
KLC Lewis wrote:
Some are convinced that GW is happening and we are the primary cause; some
are convinced that GW is happening and we are an ancillary cause; some are
convinced that GW isn't happening at all. Even if we assume the worst, is it
necessary for us to act TODAY, on imperfect data, promoting impossible goals
with unforeseeable consequences, or would it be better to continue
developing alternative energy sources while continuing to study GW for
several more years and act upon better, more long-term data? I suggest that
the latter is wiser than the former.

Why not just act responsibly... increase the CAFE standards. Seems to
me that 4 percent improvement in new car mileage per year for the next
several years would do more than just about everything else to reduce
our dependence on foreign oil and reduce greenhouse gasses, all the
while being an example to other countries and perhaps bringing back
the US auto industry.

Unfortunately, the big car companies fight this tooth and nail and
instead promote ethanol which will, at best, have minimal effect on
our consuption of fossil fuel.

--
Capt. JG @@
www.sailnow.com