KLC Lewis KLC Lewis is offline

Default Atmospheric CO2 -- a different view

"Two meter troll" wrote in message
oups.com...
On Mar 27, 12:33 pm, "KLC Lewis" wrote:
And 50 years ago, how much was being spent on the development of hydrogen
fuel cells? We know immensely more now than we did then -- I have every
reason to expect that we will know exponentially more 50 years from now
than
we did then. Particularly when you take into account that the average
desktop (or even laptop) computer today is more powerful than that which
was
possessed by even the largest financial corporations fifty years ago.
Technology is growing so fast today that it's virtually impossible to
keep
up with it. 50 years ago, you could buy a color television and it
wouldn't
be obsolete for at least another 20 years. And as our technology
improves --
particularly in the area of computers -- other advances that we cannot
even
imagine today will suddenly appear.

Darwin Saves! Evolve or Perish!

yep and its burning oil in direct proportion; i am not so sure we are
going to have 50 more years before conditions become unstopable.

I dont argue that the models are wrong IMO they likely are; my
argument is can we afford to make a bet at this point.

since the effect is exponentual; our margen for error is very slim; I
like to stack the odds in my favor.

I think of it as an at sea problem; I cannot breathe water so my safe
place is my boat. if my boat is burning either i put the fire out or i
jump into the sea and die. this is what we have with GW; the question
is no longer if its happening it is that it is happening and what do
we do to fix it.

Some are convinced that GW is happening and we are the primary cause; some
are convinced that GW is happening and we are an ancillary cause; some are
convinced that GW isn't happening at all. Even if we assume the worst, is it
necessary for us to act TODAY, on imperfect data, promoting impossible goals
with unforeseeable consequences, or would it be better to continue
developing alternative energy sources while continuing to study GW for
several more years and act upon better, more long-term data? I suggest that
the latter is wiser than the former.