Scotty Scotty is offline

Default Bottom Paint question

"Jeff" wrote in message
. ..
* Scotty wrote, On 3/26/2007 3:16 AM:
Will one gallon cover a 30' boat?

Probably, but if the bottom is bare you might want to put

on two or
three coats. Then you can add one coat each year. But

you should
really seek local advice - Chesapeake water is quite

different from
New England.

Interlux has a calculator, where you give the boat

dimensions and it
tells you how much paint they would like you to buy.

Interestingly,
they never mention that one paint does better in northern

or southern
waters, because that would imply that one of theirs is

"bad" in some
conditions.

there's 2 or 3 coats on , last year I simply 'touched' up
some spots. I'm going to change color this year.

Scotty