Default Solar Catamaran

"KLC Lewis" wrote in message
et...

wrote in message
ups.com...

Good day,

what do you guys (especially the solar cell experts) think of this
boat?

http://www.transatlantic21.org/

Chris

Pretty cool, but I sure would think thrice about taking it offshore.

Yes, catamarans like that one with a heavy load of solar panels on top
are more prone to turn turtle than a monohull. Since they're going
monohull speeds I have to wonder what's with the dangerous catamaran
configuration. Also, they need a way to tilt the array so it takes
advantage of the sun at all times. The way they have it now they only
get peak efficiency at or around local noon.

Wilbur Hubbard