Jeff Jeff is offline

Default Bottom Paint question

* Wilbur Hubbard wrote, On 3/26/2007 12:57 PM:

As a matter of fact, knowing for a fact that bottom paint is going to
do nothing but continue going up in price, I probably buy enough for
the next three of four haulouts. Save money in the long run that way.
Why be penny wise and pound foolish?

Perhaps I'll repeat again: The cheaper paint was rated better for my
area. Why would I be so foolish as to continue using a more expensive
paint that has already shown that it is not multi-season?

Is that an admission that you don't intend to cruise out of your area?

An admission??? My plans this summer include visiting Buzzards Bay
and the Vineyard to the south, and north to Maine. Probably further
than you've gone in a number of years.

Pretty sad! Or maybe you aren't going to cruise at all. In that case,
why bother with paint? And, if your boat is mostly going to sit then
self-polishing paint is worthless.

My log has about 20000 miles on it. You're the one whose famous for
talking but not actually going anywhere. I've probably seen more of
your home waters than you have!