Default Bottom Paint question

"Jeff" wrote in message
. ..
* Wilbur Hubbard wrote, On 3/26/2007 12:30 PM:

What's 200 bucks these days? Hardly worth worrying about. You must be
some miserly sumbitch. I'd spend the extra 200 bucks and not worry
about it.

And that's why you're living in a refrigerator box.

As a matter of fact, knowing for a fact that bottom paint is going to
do nothing but continue going up in price, I probably buy enough for
the next three of four haulouts. Save money in the long run that way.
Why be penny wise and pound foolish?

Perhaps I'll repeat again: The cheaper paint was rated better for my
area. Why would I be so foolish as to continue using a more expensive
paint that has already shown that it is not multi-season?

Is that an admission that you don't intend to cruise out of your area?
Pretty sad! Or maybe you aren't going to cruise at all. In that case,
why bother with paint? And, if your boat is mostly going to sit then
self-polishing paint is worthless.

Wilbur Hubbard

Wilbur Hubbard