Jeff Jeff is offline

Default Bottom Paint question

* Wilbur Hubbard wrote, On 3/25/2007 2:13 PM:
I used to ride a motorcycle. The saying back then was "Got a cheap head;
buy a cheap helmet." Jeff has a cheap boat so his major concern is

I guess you don't know much about boat value.

getting cheap bottom paint. I guess if I had an ugly catamaran that was
loaded down for cruising so it didn't perform worth a lick I probably

I seem to remember doing about 9 knots as I passed your anchorage.
That was loaded for a one year trip, with about a year on the bottom
paint.

Its true that all the cruising gear slows us down - the first Summer,
before she was loaded, we frequently got up to 12 knots or more. Now
we hardly ever see 10 knots.