Default Went up to the boat today

"Gogarty" wrote in message
In article ,
says...

Intending to start my spring work, I went up to Marinette WI were I
keep
Essie, about a 40 minute drive up the western shore of Green Bay. Had
lunch,
went to the marina, found that during the past few weeks in which we
actually had winter snow, someone has been shoveling the snow and
piling it
up in several places -- most inconveniently, under the port buttocks
of
Escapade. Did my best to clear through the remaining snow and ice so
that I
could place my ladder for boarding, but couldn't get through the four
inches
or so located just exactly where I needed to put the ladder legs to
get
through the door in my winter shrink-wrap cover.

Bugger it all.

On the bright side, it appears that I'm the only one who thinks that
it's
time to be getting the boat ready for spring. Not another living soul
at the
marina.

Went to the boat on Thursday. Cockpit still full of snow and ice. Got
the
dinghy off the deck and back in the davits. Started raining. Went
agains on
Saturday, the morning being pleasant. Not for long, but the snow and
ice are
gone. But did hook up all the seacocks and started the engine.
Instantly. Good
omen. Then the clouds rushed in, the north wind started howling and
the
temperature plummetted. This week it is supposed to go to
mid-seventies. That
will be nice. Nobody at our marina either.

It's been in the 70s and 80s here in Florida for the past week or so.
Nice steady E and NE breezes at around 20 knots for what seems like
forever. Water temp a brisk 78 degrees. Very little rain. They just
instituted water restrictions because the water table is getting low.
:-(

Wilbur Hubbard