Wayne.B Wayne.B is offline

Default Bottom Paint question

On Sun, 25 Mar 2007 13:55:29 -0400, Charlie Morgan wrote:

snip a bunch of weak rationalizations and backpeddling, similar to those found
in unethical magazines, such as Practical Sailor

I've been subscribing to Practical Sailor for at least 20 years now
and have no major issue with their testing procedures or reporting.
I think they try hard and usually do as well as could be expected. I
have PS to thank for my Spade anchors and they are nothing but superb.

Anti fouling paint is tricky to evauate however because of not only
local differences in fouling organisms, but also big differences in
boats and how they are used.

If you know of a better source of test reports on marine gear, I'd
love to hear about it.