posted to rec.boats,rec.boats.cruising
Don White Don White is offline

Default The Joys of Boating

"Chuck Gould" wrote in message
oups.com...
On Mar 24, 6:52?pm, Wayne.B wrote:
On Sat, 24 Mar 2007 17:48:24 -0600, Vic Smith

wrote:

Good observation.

It may be regionally significant, or not. The best months for sailing
in my region are when it's pretty cold and still peeing down rain in
the spring and fall. The winds don't come up until late in the
afternoon a lot of midsummer days when the weather is warmer.

As a result, most of the sailboats in this corner of the country
operate under power most of the time. Sailing seems to be reserved for
racing, or for screwing around with for an hour or two after arriving
in the general vicinity of the ultimate daily destination. Of course
there are scattered exceptions, just enough to prove the rule. From
that respect, a MacGregor that spent most of its time in powerboat
mode wouldn't vary much from a more elite brand doing the same thing.

That's a real shame. here we can count on the usual South West winds to
come up around 1000 hrs and last until 1900 hrs.
We would go a whole season on a tank of diesel.