Bob Bob is offline

Default Anyone ever been thru the Sacramento River lock?

In article k.net,
Calif Bill bmckee=at-ix.netcom.com wrote:
:
:"Bob" wrote in message
:
: I've been wanting to take my boat (17' v-hull) through the lock in West
: Sacramento which connects the Sacramento River with the deep water
: channel. It looks like the entrance to it is right across from Miller
: Park. Does anyone have any comments, tips, etc. for venturing into the
: lock from the east side? Calif Bill?
:
: Thanks!
:
oing little research form The Log
:"The William G. Stone Lock, which is currently operated by the City of
:Sacramento, connects the Sacramento River with the Sacramento River Deep
:Water Ship Channel. The lock is only open for passage of vessels at
:specified times. Since the hours and days the lock is operating are subject
:to change, boaters should contact the Sacramento Boat Harbor at (916)
:449-5712 for up-to-date information."
:
:
:
:The DBW pdf says the lock is currently not in operation.

Thanks Bill! Yea, I found out elsewhere the lock has been shutdown for
some time now. We took a cruise out of Hogback today...first time out
this season...was a perfect day in all respects! Good start to the
season...yea never know what to expect with a 35 yr old boat...knock on
wood.