posted to rec.boats,rec.boats.cruising

Default The Joys of Boating

"Vic Smith" wrote in message
On Sat, 24 Mar 2007 17:55:47 -0400, Harry Krause
wrote:

Vic Smith wrote:

I knew a Branden in boot camp, but maybe it was Brandon.
We never used first names, so I have no idea on that.
Too busy boating right now to look in the boot camp book.

--Vic

I believe the Branden referred to here was a follower of Ayn Rand,
originator of the most turgid bits of pseudo-philosophy and prose ever
perpetrated on mankind. Or close to it.

I started reading Atlas Shrugged once. Started. Quite a contrast in
the work of a Dostoevsky writing Crime and Punishment, and a Rand
writing her crap, though both were essentially writing about nihilism.
Dostoevsky knew what he was doing, however, in C and P.
There's a guy posting in the ASA group using the Branden moniker.
I don't bother with him either.

--Vic

It shows that you never bothered learning just about anything. A Mac26?
A Mac26? Bwahahahahhahahahhahahahhahahhahahahhahahahhahahah ahah! Were
you a WAVE in the Navy?

Wilbur Hubbard

Wilbur Hubbard