Short Wave Sportfishing Short Wave Sportfishing is offline

Default Fishing Asian Carp on the Mississippi

On Sat, 24 Mar 2007 16:15:43 -0600, Vic Smith
wrote:

On Sat, 24 Mar 2007 20:27:14 GMT, Tom Francis
wrote:

On Sat, 24 Mar 2007 16:17:59 -0400, "Eisboch" wrote:

"Tim" wrote in message
egroups.com...

They love the sound of a 2-cycle engine for some reason. they'll jump
right into the boat, and if they hit you, they can knock you down.

Sounds like a crazed E-Tec owner I know.

Crazed? E-tec?

Oh wait - that's me.

~~ er ~~

Well, I guess if the shoe fits... :)

Tom, I see a lot of guys like that E-tec. Lots of punch for the
weight, quiet, smokeless - and expensive.
Which do you run, and what are your impressions?
It seems it took a lot of criticism as it was shaking down
after its intro, but some who have had them a while swear by them.
Might have to consider one for my Mac 26M - if I get that boat of
course. Transom weight is more of an issue on that boat.

Well, ETEC inherited the over done bad press FICHT received - there
have been zero serious ETEC problems reported.

I liked the whole direct injection concept and when I purchased my
Ranger, I bought a Bombardier (not OMC) 200 hp FICHT which lead to
purchasing my first Contender with twin 225 FICHTS which led to
purchasing an ETEC repower for the Ranger which led to twin 225 ETECS
on the second Contender.

I currently own a 200 HO ETEC and it's a great engine. I average 3.5
gph (trolling/cruise/WOT), quiet, efficient, no two stroke smell and
power up the wazoo. Outside of a minor glitch with the EMM software
which was quickly fixed by a software update, I've had zero problems
with it.

I had similar experience with the FICHTs - never had any serious
problems except for one incident that is rare no matter what the
engine is - I lost the stator and that almost never happens.

I'm not sure how you would make one fit the boat you are looking at.