posted to rec.boats,rec.boats.cruising
Vic Smith Vic Smith is offline

Default The Joys of Boating

On Sat, 24 Mar 2007 17:02:36 -0400, Wayne.B
wrote:

On Sat, 24 Mar 2007 13:32:11 -0600, Vic Smith
wrote:

--Livability. I just don't have the experience here, from what I've
read the Mac is as comfortable as any 26. Since I've tented for
weeks at a time, I don't see a problem with it. I'm not going to be
living on the boat. Me and the wife on 2-6 week cruises, and we
are not tall, and not fat.

With all due respect, that boat will get very small for two people
after a few days of cruising. I appreciate what you are trying to do
but I hate to see you spend money on a boat that neither sails, motors
or cruises very well. See if you can rent one for a week before you
buy.

In the long run I think you'd be happier with something like a RF246
with a 4 stroke outboard on it.

http://www.rosboroughboats.com/

Try to find a good used one.

Thanks. Nice boat, but might be a bit rich for my blood. Hadn't seen
it before even with all my browsing. You may be right on target
though, and I take your advice to try out what I'm buying before I buy
it to heart. You gave me another avenue to explore.
Although I'm not young, I'm still in pretty good shape, and do like
the idea of sailing, having crewed some.

--Vic