KLC Lewis KLC Lewis is offline

Default Say, Larry

"Larry" wrote in message
"KLC Lewis" wrote in
:

This, of
course, is offset by making iron backing plates redundant, so you
eliminate the expense and weight of them.

The mountain boys use recycled car brake disc/bearing/mount for their
rotating machinery mounting. Quite cheaply, I suspect, and it works
great.

Larry
--
Message for Comcrap Internet Customers:
http://tinyurl.com/3ayl9c

yeah, they do work great for land-based turbines. But they are very heavy
(especially for mounting on a mizzen mast or stern tower) and even though
they're relatively cheap in themselves, require both machining and constant
maintenance. I'm looking for light weight (most important) and low
maintenance.