Peggie Hall Peggie Hall is offline

Default Vented loop/macerator installation

K2 wrote:
I believe you have a proper approach. In my case, I have a vented loop
at deck level, and obviously the thru hull is down in the bilge.
Swapping the two makes no sense for me.

Who said anything about swapping a vented loop with a thru-hull???

What is so difficult about rearranging a couple of hoses so that the
hose the hose from the toilet goes to the y-valve instead of to the
vented loop and the hose leading up to the vented loop comes out of one
side of the y-valve instead of directly from the toilet?

I plan to use the macerator
pump to empty the holding tank as well.

"As well?"" What else do you plan to use it for?

Someone needs to re-read the
West Marine catalog to try to understand what we are talking about!

Their drawings:

http://www.westmarine.com/webapp/wcs...tionsystem.htm

don't include ANY vented loops, so they're not much help in determining
whether it belongs before or after a y-valve.

--
Peggie