Default The average boat owning idiot.

"Charlie Morgan" wrote in message
On Thu, 22 Mar 2007 19:32:06 -0500, "Scotty" w@u wrote:

"Wilbur Hubbard" wrote in
message news:RHCMh.109466

. Real sailors anchor or moor out and take a dinghy to
shore.

Shore? Why do you feel the need to go to shore? When I
anchor out, I stay on the boat because that is where I
wanted to be in the first place.
You, sir, sound like a land lubber!

Scotty

Painful for Wilbur to hear, I'm sure, but it desperately needed to be
said.

CWM

Nope, it is you two who just firmly established that you are the
lubbers. You can stay aboard when you anchor out because you anchor out
from time to time on the week-ends as a getaway from your shoreside
life. Real sailors, on the other hand, live aboard and travel from place
to place and anchor out every night of the year. Going to shore is
necessary to stock up on necessaries such as food, water and alcohol and
ice.

Both of you idiots don't have a clue. At the very least, until they
establish floating liquor stores, all good sailors must go to shore
regularly. One needs ice, mixers and lots of rum. Why, I've had a couple
or three other real sailors come by to visit and compare notes and we
sat in the cockpit shooting the ****. It's nothing to go through a
couple quarts of rum and a ten pound bag of ice in one afternoon. We can
curse loudly, shoot guns, **** over the side and generally raise hell
all of which would get you evicted from a marina.

For me, sailing is a lifestyle all of its own and not some infrequent
escape from the workaday world like it is for you and poor domesticated
Scotty.

Wilbur Hubbard