Default The average boat owning idiot.

"Maxprop" wrote in message
link.net...

"Gogarty" wrote in message
In article . net,
says...

Absolutely. My father was fond of saying: "This isn't a dress
rehearsal."
His point being that one lives life or one does not. You can't take
your
money with you, and I sure as hell have no great desire to pass it
one to my
kid and screw her up.

We initially thought of naming our boat "SOCI" with a sedilla on the
C. But we
thought it might be unncessarily provocative. Short for Spending Our
Children's Inheritance.

I've seen similar names, such as "Our Kids' Inheritance" and "Leaving
Nothing Behind for the Kids." The last one is a puzzlement--can you
imagine calling that in when asking for a slip?

Max

Asking for a slip? And that alone doesn't embarrass you? Begging to pay
big bucks to tie up to two piles and a pier squeezed in among other
losers while having your boat attacked by stray electricity, water
polluted with sewage and fuel and oil, subjected to roaches, noise,
fumes, rats, cats and dogs ****ing on your lines.

The very least of your worries is how stupid the name of your boat is, I
should think. Real sailors anchor or moor out and take a dinghy to
shore. Why on earth would you pay money to support any operation that
treats you like scum and charges an arm and a leg for it. Ya gotta be a
masochist.

Wilbur Hubbard