posted to rec.boats.building
Peggie Hall Peggie Hall is offline

Default Removing Head,,,what about ??

NE Sailboat wrote:
I am taking out the head because it has no holding tank. Don't have the
money, time, or inclination to install a
smelly holding tank.

After the head is removed, I still will have the two lines .. raw water
intake and smelly water overboard discharge.

Of course, they both go to seacocks.

I don't want to permanently remove the lines/hoses.

Yes you do...at least the head intake hose. You can use that thru-hull
for a washdown pump.

If you choose an "MSD" model portapotty (one that can be permanently
installed and fitted for pumpout, you can use the head discharge hose
and thru-hull to dump the tank at sea. A 5-6 gallon model will hold more
flushes than a 15-18 gallon tank attached to a marine toilet. I would
use a new hose...old hose tends to be a bit smelly...which is another
reason to get rid of 'em.
--
Peggie