Default Four questions from someone new to boating

"Leanne" wrote in message

"Peter Hendra" wrote in message
On Tue, 20 Mar 2007 23:13:36 -0400, "Leanne" wrote:
Here is a sister ship in the PNW
http://fog-northamerica.org/puffin.html

Leanne

Compared to Australian and New Zealand prices (from memory) that is
one cheap little boat. I have met a couple of boats of about that
size
that have crossed oceans. Nice yacht.

Peter,

I love my little English ship as she handles like a much larger boat.
I heard about one or two that did a circumnavigation back in the 70's.
Of course I would like the larger sister, the F-34 and the best
sailing of the Fishers, as that is the largest that will clear the
fixed bridge on the way up the creek to my house.

Leanne

Fisher's are about the ugliest motor sailers made. That picture link
above tells the whole tale. You can't even get a respectable press of
sail on the damned thing because the pilot house gets in the way. That's
not even a sailboat in my opinion. A survival storm wave would knock
that stupid, huge, ugly, pilot house clean off the deck.

Wilbur Hubbard