Peter Hendra Peter Hendra is offline

Default Four questions from someone new to boating

On Tue, 20 Mar 2007 20:56:07 +0000, Larry wrote:

Peter, you don't need a boat. There are PLENTY of boats to play
with/on/out of sitting on docks all over. Unless you just HAVE to have a
family cruiser to take the kids out on, something none of the yachties
want on their boats I know, spending all that cash on boats and upkeep is
unnecessary. If you want to cruise around in some really nice yachts,
you need a pleasant captain who, like my friend, would love to have
someone he can trust to get her ready-for-sea...and pilot her most of the
time...so he can enjoy his guests and family...rather than being strapped
to the wheel all the time. I don't have that kind of money. I like my
position aboard.....

NOTHING beats taking the CAPTAIN'S VISA card to West Marine on a Saturday
morning for a "few parts and replenishment spares".....(c;

Larry

Hi Larry,
Agreed if going sailing is all you wish to do. Personally, what I like
most about owning my own boat is the wonderful sense of freedom it
affords me. I can go where I want to, when I want to; dollars and
weather and the the bloody pirates and such scum aside.

After years of working to pay mortgages, raising children etc, I love
the freedom of looking out of my office window on a difficult day
(when I work) and thinking. Well, if I don't want to do this there is
simply nothing to stop me just raising the anchor and going somewhere
else. I am not answerable to anyone apart from wife (for the time
being anyway) friends and the obligation to the current work
contract/sense of professional responsibility.

cheers
Peter