posted to alt.sailing.asa
Maxprop Maxprop is offline

Default Bush's Continued Shameful Treatment of Wounded Veterans

"Nathan Branden" wrote in message
On Tue, 20 Mar 2007 03:40:31 GMT, "Maxprop"
wrote:

"Nathan Branden" wrote in message
. ..
On 19 Mar 2007 18:36:39 -0700, "Ringmaster" wrote:

I am beginning to think Bush should be impeached. How can he allow
such shameful medical treatment of brave men (and women, though they
don't belong there) wounded in battle?

Nathan, You truly are a ******. The Veterans Adm. hospitals have been
a mess for decades. Seems funny the problems are being brought to
light now. Why didn't Clinton fire people? Go away. You look stupid.

There is a war going on now. The soldiers going to the hospital are
wounded in battle, not some retiree with bunyons. Clinton got away
with slacking the vets. Bush started this damn war and he is Commander
in Chief of that hospital. You don't give a rat's ass about our vets
you callous SOB. May you rot in hell.

During my last year in optometry school I did an 8-week rotation through
the
Cleveland VA Hospital. There were Vietnam vets there, mostly
quadriplegics,
who were so poorly cared-for that most simply wanted to die. It was a
crime. But Ringmaster's point was that nothing has really changed in the
past decades. If you want to blame presidents, you'll have to include
Kennedy, Nixon, Ford, Carter, Reagan, Bush, Clinton, and W. The VA
systems
has been a disaster for over half a century. Nothing new, but hopefully
something will get done now.

Max

Thank you kindly for the clarification and apologies to Ringleader for
any ruffled feathers. I get too emotional about this whole veteran
thing, especially the neglect for our wounded. Did you go to the
Illinois School of Optometry on Wabash St in Chicago. I am very
familiar with it.

Indiana University School of Optometry in Bloomington, IN. I have a close
friend who attended ICO (Illinois College of Optometry on Wabash Street) and
I've been through their facility several times. Not a great neighborhood,
but I do love Chicago.

Max