Harry Krause Harry Krause is offline

Default Some interesting fuel consumption figures....

Short Wave Sportfishing wrote:
On 19 Mar 2007 18:50:35 -0700, "Chuck Gould"
wrote:

The old saw that fuel
is so relatively inexpensive compared to the other aspects of boat
ownership that it shouldn't be a major consideration is a lot less
accurate than it once was.

OUTBOARDS RULE!!!! :)

You know what's kind of interesting (not trying to get into the great
relative value debate) to me?

I'll bet I've seen at least 11 boats for sale on lawns that I've not
seen before. And they are all in the smallish, inboard gas powered
24/28 foot category type boats - lot of Bayliners, one or two Stamas
and one with twin 454 Crusaders.

Being nosey as I am, I've stopped a couple of places and the common
issue seems to be gas milage on boats. As in can't afford to run
them.

But of course none of this has any impact on boat sales in the great
Pacific Northwest, where the summer boating season is one day long.