NOYB

Default OT--Terrific employment news again

"DSK" wrote in message
. ..
You are supposedly in the education field, John, is this discussion
about economics *that* far above your head, or are you truly blinded to
any fact which does not support Bush/Cheney's propaganda?

Meanwhile, what do you have to say about the implications of interest
rates versus the supposedly booming economy?

DSK

John H wrote:
I am thrilled that all your fellow graduates found work. Now, what was

the
unemployment rate then?

Let's just say that 1- you have a job (or at least claim to) and I have
a job, so the verifiable employment rate between us is 100%. But there
are lots of others who aren't so lucky.

Of course, this is a transparent attempt on your part to cheerlead for
Bush/Cheney by pointing out HOW LOW THE (manipulated) UNEMPLOYMENT RATE
IS (yay!!). But that dog won't hunt. The difference between the 1996
unemployment rate (lots of jobs at a high salary) and 2004 unemployment
rates (few if any jobs, and those at low salary) is obvious.

I refinanced my home one year ago at 5.125% (with no points). My

daughter
locked in at 6.3% last month. Today the rates are 6.5% (all with no

points). I
would consider that an upward trend, wouldn't you?

Hmmm... your daughter is getting ripped off (most likely by your fellow
Republicans).

http://www.nfsn.com/library/prime.htm

The prime rate hasn't budged upward, and the fed has dropped the fund
rates, and bond rates (paid by businesses seeking to expand) are at
historic lows.

It should be obvious to even you and NOBBY that there is a difference
between consumers borrowing at profit to lenders, and businesses
borrowing to increase production for increased profits. OTOH the fact
that somebody is paying slightly higher interest rates indicates some
increase in demand... unless it's a local monopoly (banks around here
aren't charging that much AFAIK).

Where's "around here"? Here's a look at the rates in the top 10 markets:

http://www.bankrate.com/brm/news/mtg...p?prodtype=mtg