NE Sailboat NE Sailboat is offline

Default Say, Larry

Larry,, you sound like a "wind power" guy.

The problem with wind power is size, noise, vibration.

I'm certainly no expert; but doesn't it take a large blade to produce any
amount of power? And that large blade is spinning
and that means noise, and vibration.

On a small sailboat ??

There is one product I saw somewhere .. a portable wind power unit. It gets
hung in the triangle of the foredeck.

It is attached to the forestay, mast, etc. I think it swings into the wind.
It isn't very large though and that means less power; right?

Post some into on wind power if you have a moment.. I am interested.

Thanks,

=========
"Larry" wrote in message
"Roger Long" wrote in
:

I'd still like to know if there is a panel that you think makes sense
for this application.

All the panels are pretty much the same...inefficient, take lots of deck
space to produce any power making them always in the way, and very hard to
place so they get unobstructed sunshine as the boat swings around, either
underway or on the hook. It might keep an unloaded battery bank topped
up,
but is a poor choice for powering even the small loads as it is so
intermittent....my point.

Larry
--
Message for Comcrap Internet Customers: