Doug Kanter

Default Small Boat Recommendation Needed

"Submariner" wrote in message
On Mon, 07 Jun 2004 16:40:38 GMT, "Doug Kanter"
wrote:

Why not aluminum?

I don't know to be truthful.......I want ease of care, and most of the
aluminum boat's I've seen that are finished (not the ribbed bottom of
a typical jon boat) have carpet covered wood for the floors, seats,
etc. A Carolina Skiff, for example, is just a simple shell, so it
seems that it would be easy to care for.

In that case, at least find a Lund dealer and take a look at some of their
less expensive models. www.lundboats.com

I have a WC-14, which would NOT suit your purpose since it's a tiller model.
But one or two steps up in their model line are some very nice, stable (and
not overly expensive) boats with simple steering consoles. Find one used
through whatever means necessary. They're great boats. Built like a rock.

Mine is about the cheapest model they make, but it's still extremely stable
in Lake Ontario, where spooky weather comes out of nowhere, and the wave
patterns are utterly bizarre.