Ryk Ryk is offline

Default Oh, Canada

On Wed, 07 Mar 2007 13:10:03 -0500, in message

"mr.b" wrote:

On Wed, 07 Mar 2007 11:43:23 -0500, Roger Long wrote:

It's not looking too good for getting to Nova Scotia this year.

Another other option is to just go without insurance. Personally I think
the sooner the extortion racket we call "insurance" is brought
to heel, the better.

I'm not sure it is an extortion racket, as both of those are loaded
terms. OTOH there is a strong social pressure to insure any endeavour
we undertake and the rates will be set on the basis of the dumbest
endeavourer.

Roger, have you asked about liability vs vessel loss? Make sure you
protect yourself only against losses you can't absorb. Based on past
information, I have the impression that a sinking wouldn't change your
world unless you lost crew.

Ryk