claus claus is offline

Default Dodger Replacement Question?

The 7-year old canvas dodger on our Bavaria 38 CC is showing it's age and
needs to be replaced.

The quotes for just replacing the canvas and soft windows using the existing
steel frame are in the 3K range, using Sunbrella and high quality
polycarbonate windows.

But, before taking the plunge I was wondering if it might not be better to
replace the dodger with a new fabricated hard top/windows/stainless tube
enclosure. The boat is located in Seattle, so there is no need or desire to
have a foldable/removable dodger. It will most likely cost an additional 1K
to go this route - but we want a good permanent solution (meaning lasting
more than 10 years or so :-)

Perhaps the group could give me some pros and cons re "soft" vs "hard"
dodgers?

Thanks
Claus