posted to alt.sailing.asa
Joe Joe is offline

Default Brass vs Bronze

On Mar 17, 6:56 am, "Maxprop" wrote:
wrote in message

oups.com...

"Joe" wrote:
Let me ask...What is Naval Brass, compared to regular brass.

Naval Brass is/are high ranking Navy officers, admirals and up
usually.

And up? What's above an admiral?

Max

In the Navy a Fleet Admiral is above an Admiral, there are 3 ranks of
Admiral (rear lower half, rear upper half, and vice) below Admiral.
Above fleet Admiral is only the president. We have not had a fleet
Admiral since WWII. Fleet Admirals during that war were Chester W.
Nimitz, William D. Leahy, Ernest J. King, and William F. Halsey.

Joe