posted to rec.boats.paddle,rec.boats.paddle.touring
Dave Allured Dave Allured is offline

Default Colorado Wildlife Habitat Stamp

Hello paddlers.

I was recently asked whether a Colorado Wildlife Habitat Stamp is needed
to paddle through state wildlife lands, such as the Brower and
Mitani-Tokuyasu wildlife areas on tomorrow's South Platte trip.

Here is the official policy from the website of the Colorado Division of
Wildlife:

"Am I required to have a habitat stamp if I am rafting
through a SWA/STL?

"Generally, if you are simply rafting down the river
and do not touch the ground (under the water or the
sides) you do not need a habitat stamp. If you enter/
exit the water or use any SWA/STL facilities, you will
need to have a habitat stamp."

This is taken from page 3 of "Frequently Asked Questions (PDF)" (version
March 7, 2007) on this DOW web page:

http://wildlife.state.co.us/Fishing/.../HabitatStamp/

The Evans to Kersey/Kuner trip will not be launching or taking out on
any state wildlife lands. Therefore, habitat stamps are not required.

SYOTR! :-)

--Dave
303-499-7466