Peter Hendra Peter Hendra is offline

Default New Sewing Machine

On 14 Mar 2007 20:06:01 -0500, Dave wrote:

On Wed, 14 Mar 2007 19:51:43 +1100, Peter Hendra
said:

Besides, as that noted Englishman Oscar Wilde, said:

Bigamy is one wife too many.
Monogamy is the same thing.

Well, what can you expect from a queer.

I understand that O'Doyle Carte Opera Company sent him on a tour of the US
just before opening Patience in the US, so that the audience would know what
Gilbert was lampooning.

What has his sexuality got to do with it? I like him for his
brilliant wit and his writing such as The Picture of Dorian Gray, and
his children's stories - eg The Happy Prince.

If one filtered one's literary, artistic and musical likes according
to the sexuality of the person producing them, there would be a lot
less to entertain one's self with.

Perhaps we shouldn't teach school children about Aleaxander the Great?
"Kids. Tear those pages about Alexander from your history books - he's
a queer!!!"

Heard of Walt Whitman?

A bit like banning Sir Walter Scott's "Ivanhoe" on account of there
being too much Saxon violence (has to be spoken sorry).

No, I'm not gay nor even a closet queen.
Peter