Peter Hendra Peter Hendra is offline

Default New Sewing Machine

On Wed, 14 Mar 2007 18:50:29 -0800, Gordon wrote:

Two meter troll wrote:

And in my ignorance I had thought that Canadians sewed up their seal
skin clothing with bone needles and gut after chewing the hides to
soften them. If it can sew seal skin, it can sew anything I suppose.

cheers
Peter

huskivarna is the way to go; of course you go broke buying one but
they are damn good machines.

What is the model of the White? I'm going to be needing one soon.
Thanks
Gordon

Gordon,
The model number is 2200.

Remember, this is Trinidad. There are probably other models more
suited to boating needs than this. It was the only one in the shop and
I did not want to go through the hassle of importing one from
elsewhere. I spent a whole day getting an inflatable, wind generator
etc through Customs even though it was marked "Yacht in Transit". He
tried to charge me duty on the dahon bikes as "they are not part of a
yacht" and "why should you ride on our roads without paying tax?". I
got so annoyed I plonked my sandal on his desk and informed him that I
walked on his roads with these and hadn't paid any tax on them.

I have just restitched the sunbrella cover to my furling genoa as a
trial. Works a charm. I had to call in to the Cape Verdes and restitch
5 metres by hand as the threads had perished. I'll get the rest done
by a sailmaker as it is too cumbersome on the saloon table.

cheers
Peter