posted to alt.sailing.asa
Maxprop Maxprop is offline

Default General Pace is Right

"Capt. JG" wrote in message

It's not as black and white as that. If it's going to (actually, the
Pentagon has already said) that it's basically a civil war, then we need
to withdraw as soon as possible without endangering more lives.

This statement contradicts the one immediately below.

Immediately withdrawing is not an option and no one of any credibility on
either side is calling for that. They are calling for a timetable and
requiring the Iraqis to take control of their situation.

You first statement implies that a civil war is beyond anyone's control.
Then you state that leaving before the Iraqis take control is not an option.
Which is it?

If it's still possible to fix it, which I and most analysists think,
including those in the military, then we'll soon find out.

Is that why House Democrats attempted to pass a resolution removing Bush's
ability to continue the war? Doesn't sound as if they believed there was a
fix in order, now or ever.

Max