Harry Krause

Default OT--Terrific employment news again

Gould 0738 wrote:

6) There is now an oversupply of college educated workers. Send your kids to
trade school. When the toilet clogs up, nobody is going to call a plumber from
India. :-)

Several times a year, I get asked about building trades jobs for high
school graduates. I always suggest getting into a solid union
apprenticeship program that leads to a journeyman's card in one of the
skilled trades...like plumbing or electrical. Union electricians in the
SF area are doing being than $70 an hour in the package, and have more
work than they can handle, and that will increase as California toughens
its standards for licensed tradesworkers.