Silver K Silver K is offline

Default Question about International Cruising such as Bahama's, Canada ..

When entering Canada you have to clear customs at your first port of
landing. This can be done by telephone and if the authorities think it is
necessary, they will send a customs agent or the RCMP (Royal Canadian
Mounted Police) It is usually very painless but I have seen them give a
lot of attention to some very large power boats. Entering the US by yacht
requires a crusing permit, it is good for 12 months.

"NE Sailboat" wrote in message
After reading Roger "the old pirate lover" Long's posting that he is
planning on fogging [ oops, I meaning cruising ] to Canada and then also
reading another posting asking about going to the Bahama's .............

I got to thinking ???

I have never cruised outside of the USA. If you have, could you tell
me/us what and how all this works.

Specifically; what is the Flag thing all about? When/how do you and your
boat report to customs in the country you visit?

How much does it cost to visit the Bahama's? Canada? Does the USA also
charge when a boat from the Bahama's visits us? If not, why not.

How does this international cruising all work.