tom tom is offline

Default new macerator pump installation

On Mar 15, 11:57 am, "K2" wrote:
I am interested in installing a macerator pump for overboard discharge
(within legal limits). I understand the need for a vented loop (if not
installed where a thru hull can be closed when not in use). My current
"head installation" has a 1 1/2 " discharge hose routed through a
vented loop, then to a y-valve for direction to the thru hull or
holding tank. I would like to install a macerator pump from the
holding tank, but don't desire to dedicate the thru hull to macerator
discharge only. In other words, I would like to use the thru hull for
normal dischage (when within legal limits) without having to route all
waste to the holding tank first (and then to the macerator pump ). Is
it possible to direct the macerator pump output into a "T" , after the
toilet - before the vented loop? The toilet would then use the "vented
loop - as always, and the macerator pump would also use ithe same
vented loop. Any thoughts? I don't believe the macerator pump would
cause back flow into the toilet - or am I wrong? If this isn't crazy,
then does anyone know where to obtain a 1 1/2" "T" (with a 1" input
for the "T"?
Thanks,
K2

Remember, the more connections you have, the more likely you'll
have odor problems. You current setup isn't clear to me, mine is
simple, pump to its own thruhull, be aware if you do something that
is not ABYC approved, you are likely to face fixing it later when you
fail a survey.
tom