dt dt is offline

Default Power sailor to wind sailor

Two meter troll wrote:

Ok ive spent my life so far driving around the seas in a boat
independant of the wind. Not only that but way way north of places
sane folks take sail boats in the modern era.
I am Ok at navigations, pretty good at marlin spike seamanship, but
the last time i used a sail was on a homemade pram in Bristlebay AK.
just playing around 15 years ago.

Being an old sailor means i figured out that to make it to codger, i
need to ask some questions and learn from other folks experiances.

how do you transition from power boat to sail?
what habits do i need to unlearn?
what safety habits differ from power to sail?
what am I likely to over look when plotting a course for sail as
opposed to power?
Where are the folks i need to talk to about raising kids on boats?
ports of call and boat yards in the pacific where you can get good
work done cheap?
side band channels to monitor for info and tips?
quick guides to what not to do in various ports?
where to avoid and why?
groups to sail with?
income at sea?
And whole bunches more.
I have the mother of all maritime links, and news groups, etc.
And currently i have time due to a crushed leg.
Thanks in advance.
2MT

When you say "the mother of all maritime links", are you referring to
http://www.boat-links.com/ , or something I haven't discovered yet?

Good luck with that leg.

DT