Tom Dacon Tom Dacon is offline

Default free boat around portland oregon?

I'd like a free boat myself, around 35 to 50 feet, but I'd like for it to be
in better condition than the free boat you're looking for. I'd prefer that
it pass a rigorous survey, and I'd like for the engine, gen sets, galley and
berthings to be in great condition. A boat in turn-key, sail-away condition
would suit me just fine. While I do have the skills to fix most problems,
I'd prefer that the boat not have those problems so that I wouldn't have to
fix them. If the boat has those problems, I'd prefer that the owner fix them
before he gives me the boat for free.

I also have good building skills, but I don't give them away for free. If
the boat owner would like me to teach him something, I'd be happy to do so
for a competitive price. Only fair, don't you think?

Thanks in advance,
Tom

And Ernie, when we're sitting in some nice little cove enjoying our free
boats, let's have a glass of rum and congratulate ourselves on our good
fortune and the kindness of the good people who gave them to us.

"Two meter troll" wrote in message
ups.com...
Hi folks,
I have a need for a free sail boat that is mostly sea worthy (the
hull, rudder, & steering needs to be in good condition). The engine,
gen sets, galley and berthings don't have to be great. I have the
skills to fix most problems and engines (if you are looking for
someone to help fix up your boat, I'm also willing to work & teach you
for money or barter).
I would like something around 35 to 50 feet. Hull can be steel,
aluminum, fiberglass or wood (must be seaworthy).
I was hit by a car last spring, and can't go back to work (cause I
can't walk yet). I have spent most of my life on boats and can get
around by hand holds on a boat.
Since the accident last May (2006), I have stayed in friends' living
rooms, moved twice, and had rats eat holes in most of my clothes. I
need a place to live that is mine, no strings attached.
Please forward this to friends who might be able to help.

Thanks in advance,
Ernie

P.S. I am a Natural builder and can offer to teach you several ways to
build a house or stove etc. I would be happy to barter the skills i
have for a boat.
and here is some stuff about me, http://groups.google.com/group/FEWgroup