Peter Hendra Peter Hendra is offline

Default Boat for FREE! HUGE house batteries, great liveaboard.

On Wed, 14 Mar 2007 11:25:09 +0000, Larry wrote:

Peter Hendra wrote in
:

If you arrived at a marina with only
the conning tower above water, the length on deck would mean
substantially less berthing fees

You could also tie up the conning tower, leaving the rest of the boat
sitting firmly on the bottom, fore and aft, UNDER the neighbor's keels.
This would eliminate all that rolling motion every time the damned
fishermen waked the marina at 0400. Having the "cabin" submerged would
also be great in summer and winter! Without the hull sitting in the summer
sun, your cabin would stay nice and cool, totally underwater. In winter,
only the conning tower would be out in the cold, while the hull is ABOVE
freezing, sitting on the bottom....easier to heat.

Larry

Yes, the mind absolutely boggles with the possibilities and
advantages. As to the antifouling, I use dehydrated di-hydrogen oxide
on my hard dinghy and nothing at all grows on it. I am thinking of
using it on my new inflatable as well.

Peter