Peter Hendra Peter Hendra is offline

Default Boat for FREE! HUGE house batteries, great liveaboard.

On Fri, 09 Mar 2007 05:22:09 GMT, "Don White"
wrote:

"Larry" wrote in message
.. .
Interested in acquiring a USN combat diesel submarine as a museum in
your
town? This may be your very last chance, so strike while the iron is
hot!

I'll inform our navy. They like to buy old lemon type submarines cast adrift
by other countries.

I'd love to buy it if I could afford vthe diesel. It would be a great
way to avoid pirates. Besides, If you arrived at a marina with only
the conning tower above water, the length on deck would mean
substantially less berthing fees. In really bad weather, one could
submerge beneath the waves. I'd hate to have to sand it before
applying antifouling every year though - or pay for the paint.

Peter Hendra