Calif Bill

Default Mercruiser won't idle down when warm

Make sure the fast idle cam is not sticking. If a Holley carb (probably not
on a MC) there is a vacumn activated fast idle lever.
Bill

"Jim" wrote in message
s.com...
Hi,
I hope someone can help with this. We just bought a clean 1984 SeaRay 19'
with a 3.0 140 Mercruiser. Everything is fine with the

engine...BUT....once
warm it will not idle down. In neutral in runs up to 1400rpm and idles in
gear at 1000+...too fast for shifting or docking obviously. When cold it
idles smoothly at 700 rpm. I've checked the idle mixture screw and played
with it some...but the standard 1-1/4 turn out gives best result. Choke's
not sticking. am I over looking something?

Thanks,
Jim