posted to alt.sailing,alt.sailing.asa,aus.sport.sailing,uk.rec.sailing

Default lanteen sails

"katy" wrote in message
Jewel wrote:
"Wilbur Hubbard" wrote in message

"Jewel" wrote in message

Anyone tell me how a vessel equipped with lanteen sails goes about
without dropping its sail and resetting it on the other side.
Many thanks

They don't go at all. There is no such thing as a lanteen sail or a
lanteen rig.

Wilbur Hubbard

Sorry - of course I meant Lateen

Everyone else here knew what you meant...as did that poster but he
chose to be a butthead instead of being decent and replying with a
suitable answer.

Actually, I was more concerned with correcting a common mistake. We
sailors need to take pride in the proper use of sailing related
terminology.

Wilbur Hubbard