Chuck Gould Chuck Gould is offline

Default advice on purchasing Hydra Sports 230 WA

On Mar 10, 11:25�am, "wojo via BoatKB.com" u32209@uwe wrote:
Short Wave Sportfishing wrote:
Thanks, Short Wave Sportfishing! *This information helped a lot! *We haven't
purchased a boat since 1983, so we've been out of touch with the lastest

[quoted text clipped - 5 lines]
never spend the nights in it because we live on the river. *You've been a
tremendous help. *Thanks again,

Well, take your time, look around and get comfortable with the boats.
Ask the dealers if they have one in the water than you can take a ride
on - pay for the gas or if they don't have a dealer boat in the water
but have a owner boat, give the owner a bottle of champagne and go for
a ride asking questions.

Boats and engine technology has changed a lot since '86 so you may
wish to become comfortable with all the choices which basically break
down to Direct Injection two stroke or four stroke. *I'm firmly in the
two stroke camp, but four strokes have their good points as well. It's
what you are comfortable with.

Have fun looking and let us know what you purchase.

We made a purchase--finally!!! *We decided on the Hydro Sports 230WA with a
Yamaha 4-stroke 250 hp. *One thing that sold us on this boat was the amount
of space in the back cockpit area compared to other boats we looked at in the
same price range. *The fact that it's 8'11" wide made it even more attractive
to us. *And it has a huge bow seat position low on the bow. *We don't
anticipate spending overnights on the boat, but the cabin will come in handy
for late-fall fishing trips when the weather is rather cool. *We ordered it
with the hard t-top and a full enclosure to make cool-weather fishing more
attractive. *We hope to take delivery of our boat sometime next week. *The
weather in the eastern part of Virginia is supposed to be in the 60's and
70's through Wednesday. *What a treat for mid-March. *Can't wait to see it
perched on our lift. *Thanks to everyone for the feedback and suggestions you
provided.

Congratulations. Sounds like you chose the boat for a lot of right
reasons.
I think the hardtop makes a lot of sense in most climates, shade in
the summer and shelter in the fall and spring. Have a blast, stay
safe, and catch a few fish. :-)