posted to rec.boats.electronics
Peter Bennett Peter Bennett is offline

Default Building custom Cockpit control panels / Computer controls

On 10 Mar 2007 00:07:12 -0800, "
wrote:

Peter etal, Are the 'filled colored' letters epoxy??

Don't know - they may say something on their website

So if the 'fill' was not perfect, we'd have an exposed edge of
recently-milled aluminum with an epoxy fill on it, is this true??

Yes.

Anyone have an idea of how that would hold up in salt-spray??

If it was anodized AFTER milling it would probably be fine....

They start with pre-anodized panels, so the edges and holes are bright
milled finish.

On the other hand, 'raw' aluminum lettering milled into a darked
anodized aluminum plate would probably stand up pretty well, right??

Yes. They will do unfilled lettering if you want. (I once asked for
unfilled lettering on a clear anodized panel - they asked if that was
really what I wanted, since the lettering would be hard to read.)

--
Peter Bennett, VE7CEI
peterbb4 (at) interchange.ubc.ca