sherwindu sherwindu is offline

Default florida keys wrecks

One method is to register your own way points on frequently used channels, when
the water is easily read. Unless the channel shifts, those can be the most
dependable.

Sherwin D.

"Wayne.B" wrote:

On Fri, 09 Mar 2007 00:31:50 -0600, sherwindu
wrote:

If you have reliable way

points for these tricky channels, I say go ahead and use them.

Absolutely, the key (no pun intended) is reliable waypoints. The
original poster implied that GPS is unreliable in the Keys. It's not.
The charts are another story altogether although I've found no major
issues with the deep water/well traveled areas.

The real fun starts further north around Cape Sable, Little Shark
River and the Everglades. I've got any number of GPS tracks showing
the boat going over dry land, and haved bumped bottom in allegedly
deep water.